Wednesday 28 September 2016

Autumn Makeup Look: Maroon Eye and Berry Lip

Hello lovelies, so I know it seems like forever since I've posted but I've been so busy this summer so my blogging routine has completely gone out the window, sorry! I'm back now though and I'm aiming to be posting at least once a week again, on Wednesdays. So today I thought I would share with you what my go to look for Autumn is going to be. I knew I wanted to go for a darker lip than usual and pair it with a maroon eye look and this was what I came up with.



Base

1. To start with I used both the NYX pore filler primer and the Nivea post shave balm to prime my face. I am loving this Nivea balm at the moment because it is really good at making my foundation last all day long.

2. I then used the Nars sheer glow foundation in the shade 'Mont Blanc' and applied an even layer of this with a beauty blender to my face.

3. I then went in with the Too Faced 'born this way' concealer to cover up any blemishes on my face. I've only just got this concealer but so far I am really loving it!

4. I then used the collection lasting perfection concealer in the lightest shade to highlight underneath my eyes, the bridge of my nose and forehead.

5. After having blended all of these products into my skin I used the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray to set my base. I prefer to use it at this stage rather than at the end of my makeup because I find it makes my foundation last longer. 

6. I then took the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and applied this to my face to set my base and keep it matte. I like to use a beauty blender to apply the powder to my eyelids, undereyes, nose and forehead to keep these areas extra matte and then I use the real techniques bold metals '100' powder brush to dust the powder onto other areas of my face. 

7. Moving on to bronzer, I took the Too Faced milk chocolate soleil bronzer and applied this with the real techniques multitask brush to my cheeks, and sides of my face to warm up my face.

8. Following this I of course had to use my all time favourite blush. A powder blush in the shade 'Orchid Rose -15' by Chanel; which I applied to the apples of my cheeks with a Mac 168 brush.

9. To finish my base I took the becca shimmering skin perfector in the shade 'Opal' and applied this with the real techniques fan brush. I applied this highlighter to my cheekbones, cupid's bow and the tip of my nose.

Eyebrows

1. To outline the shape of my eyebrows I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow pomade in the shade 'taupe' with a zoevea 317 brush. I used this to fill in the middle and outer part of my eyebrow.

2. I then took the Benefit precisely my brow pencil in the shade '2' to draw the start of my eyebrow on and fill this in so it's not as intense and I can create a shape I prefer.

3. To finish, I used the Benefit Gimme Brow in the medium '3' shade to plump up my eyebrows a bit and make them slightly fuller.



Eyes

1. To create this look I took the shade 'white chocolate' from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and applied it all over my lid and up to my brow bone. This is a cream shade that acts as a perfect base colour and subtle brow bone highlight. I used the zoeva 234 brush to apply this.

2. I then took the shade 'Cherry Cordial' from that same palette and applied this throughout my crease. This is a maroon shade which is what I wanted to base the look around.

3. Having blended this evenly, I took some of the shade 'Milk Chocolate' and ran this through my crease to make the shade slightly less red.

4. I then took a little bit of 'Triple Fudge' and blended this just to the outer corner of my eye to deepen up the look.

5. I then took a smaller zoeva 237 brush and applied the shade 'Marzipan' from the inner part of my eye up to about two thirds of the way across my eyelid. I made sure to spritz my brush with a bit of Mac fix+ to ensure that I get the best pigmentation and colour pay off.

6. I then took my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and drew a thin line across my upper lash line and winged it out at the corner.

7. I then applied a thin coat of mascara, I used the maybelline lash sensational mascara, but pretty much any mascara will do.

8. Once the mascara had dried I took the Kiss '03' lashes and applied these to each eye. I then used another outer corner lash which comes as part of the eyelure texture 117 lash set. This helped to make the look appear more dramatic and so that I had a fuller lash.

9. I then took my zoeva 230 pencil brush and took that same maroon shade mixed with 'triple fudge' and ran it underneath my eye on the lower lash liner (focusing on the outer part) to balance out the look.

10. I then finished by applying some more mascara to my bottom lashes.

Lips

1. For lips I decided to wear my Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in the shade 'Lolita'.

2. To darken this slightly I paired it with the NYX soft matte lip cream in the shade 'Rome'.


Drugstore Alternatives

So that is the look I will probably be wearing a lot for the next few months. If you want to recreate a similar look but don't want to splurge on some of the higher end products then I would recommend that you switch some of them out with these drugstore alternatives.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - Revlon ColorStay Foundation 
Too Faced Born This Way Concealer - L'Oreal True Match Concealer
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer - Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer
Chanel Blush - Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in '10 - Nude Mauve'
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector - MUA highlighter in the shade 'Iridescent Gold'

Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade - Freedom Eyebrow Pomade
Benefit Gimme Brow - Eylure Brow Amplifier

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette - I Heart Makeup 'I Heart Chocolate' Palette
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner 


Thanks for reading,

ffy x





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love this look! your make-up looks flawless! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thankyou so so much!! That means so much coming from you!x

      Delete

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig