Sunday 4 September 2016

American Beauty Haul / First Impressions

Hi lovelies, as promised on my previous post; I have a little haul for you today where I will be sharing with you the beauty bits that I purchased whilst on holiday. I have tried out some of them already so there will be a few first impressions thrown in there. Let me know if you've tried out any of these because I love hearing other people opinions on products! Hope you enjoy


NYX

Firstly, these are some of the NYX products that I picked up. If you know me, you'll know that I am a pretty big fan of the nyx lip products. I already had a few of the soft matte lip creams and was loving them, so of course I had to pick up some more! The colours I chose were 'Stockholm', 'Cairo', 'Budapest' and 'Istanbul'. So far I'm not the biggest fan of Istanbul, it's quite a bold pink shade to what I'm used to so its not really in my comfort zone. I find 'Cairo' to be slightly too nude when I wear it alone, so it looks slightly like foundation lips.  However, I think it could be nice to pair with a darker shade to create an ombré effect. As for 'Stockholm'; I am loving it! it's such an everyday shade that is really easy to wear with any makeup look. I am also loving Budapest but I think I will get more wear out of in in the upcoming Autumn and Winter months!



I also picked up two of the NYX lingerie lipsticks. There weren't many colours in stock so I only picked up two and the shades are '01 - Honeymoon' and '05 - Beauty Mark'. They aren't as opaque as the nyx liquid suede formala, which is my favourite, however you can layer it up to get a deeper colour. I prefer the shade '05 - Beauty Mark' as it is slightly more purple toned. Whereas, '01 - Honeymoon' is pretty grey toned and makes me look really washed out and pale.

The next item I chose was the NYX pore filler primer. Having tried this I can say that I am really impressed. It's pretty similar to benefits porefessional (but much cheaper). I think I may actually prefer this, although I would have to try it out more to say for definite.

The last product I picked up from NYX was their Tame & Frame tinted brow pomade. I picked up the shade '01 - Blonde' because the other shades looked to dark for me. I have tried this out and honestly I really wouldn't recommend it. First off, the colour match wasn't great at all, it was far too light for my brows. I'm also not a big fan of the texture, it felt rather waxy and didn't last very long when I wore it. It doesn't even come close to the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in my opinion! Another downside to this is that there is very little product in the actual container so I wouldn't say you get your money's worth at all!

MILANI

I picked up 3 blushes from Milani. Two of which are baked blushes; I picked up the shades '03 - Berry Amore' and '09 - Red Vino'. The other is a powder blush and is in the shade '01 - Romantic Rose'. This is my favourite out of the three because the colour is gorgeous. I love the packaging of all of these blushes, Milani have done very well to make a drugstore brand look pretty luxurious. I also love how the powder blush actually looks like a flower, I think that's such a cute idea. I haven't really tried out the baked blushes yet but from swatching them they appear to be very glittery, so I'm not too sure whether I will like them or not!



I also chose a lipliner in the shade '04 - All Natural'. This is such a pretty colour and is very similar to Mac's velvet teddy lipstick, but slightly more brown than pink toned.



COVERGIRL

From Covergirl I only picked up a couple of things. One of which was a mascara. The last time I went to America I got the clump crusher mascara because I'd heard people raving about it and I liked it at the time but I have discovered better mascaras since then. The one I picked up this time was the 'Full Lash Bloom' waterproof mascara. Now if I'm honest the only real reason I chose this was because it was in a pink bottle (silly, I know) but I hadn't really heard anyone mention it before. However, having tried this I wouldn't really recommend it. I didn't really find that it did much for my lashes. I found that the wand was a lot sharper than other mascara wands and it hurt quite a lot when I caught my eye accidentally.

The other product I picked up was the 'stay luminous' foundation. Again, I hadn't really heard anyone mention this before so I just picked it up hoping for the best. To my surprise I really like this foundation. I've only worn it a couple of times so far, but so far so good! It has a medium to full coverage and can be built up even more without looking too thick. It even lasted all day on my skin when i was in Florida when it was super hot! Of course I used a primer and setting spray aswell, but I was still super impressed with how long the foundation lasted. That was definitely a good pick!



RIMMEL

I only picked up one lipstick from Rimmel and it was the shade 14 from the Kate Moss collection. It's a really pretty nude/pink shade which is fairly natural looking, just like most of my lipsticks. It has quite a glossy finish so doesn't last too long on the lips but it doesn't wear off badly at all.

MAYBELLINE

The last time I went to America I remember looking at this foundation and really wanting it so this time I decided to try it out. I haven't yet used it but I'm a big fan of the concealer so if it's as good as that then I'm pretty sure I'll like it!

I also chose a lipstick in the shade '655 - Daringly Nude'. This is a gorgeous pinky nude shade which is matte. However, when I apply it it doesn't look as nice on the lips which is a shame. I probably wouldn't buy this again because there are many better alternatives!

REVLON

Whilst browsing the revlon stand there were three things that stood out to me, one of which was a powder which if I remember correctly, I think I've heard Tanya Burr taking about before. I also picked up a colorstay concealer. I haven't really tried out the powder or concealer properly so I don't have an opinion on these yet.

The last item I chose was the 'Ultra HD matte lip colour'. I chose the shade '645 - Eternité' because it looked really natural and wearable for everyday. So far I am really liking this lip product, it's pretty easy to apply and lasts for a while because it's a matte formula.



LASHES

As you can see, I picked up three sets of eyelashes. The Ardell 'Wispies' are by far my favourites. I used to be obsessed with the 'Demi Wispies' but I now prefer a more dramatic lash and these are just perfect. I also picked up the Vegas Nay 'Grand Glamour' lashes, now these are sooo intense! When I wore them you couldn't even see my eyeshadow or eyeliner when my eyes were open. However, part of me still likes them for some reason! I've also picked up a set of Kiss lashes, but I haven't yet tried these out.



ESSIE

Essie nail polishes are my favourites by far, so of course I had to pick up some more. I chose 6 in total, 3 from the gel formula and 3 of the original formula. The shades I got in the original formula (shown in the photo from left to right) were 'lady like', 'sand tropez' and 'topless & barefoot'. The shades from the gel formula (shown in the photo from left to right) were 'take me to thread', 'pinned up' and 'sew me'. I haven't yet used these but I know I will love them because I love all my other Essie polishes.



STILA

I believe it was Lily Pebbles who I heard raving about the Stila Liquid Lipsticks and I trust her makeup recommendations completely so I knew I would like this product. I picked up the shade 'Caramello' which is a really nude shade. I like to pair this with a darker liquid lipstick to create an ombré effect on the lips. I'm so pleased I got this because I wear it quite a lot now.

The other item I picked up from Stila was the 'Perfect Me, Perfect Hue' Eye and Cheek palette in 'fair/light'. I haven't yet used this yet but the eyeshadows and blushes look super pretty so I'm really excited to try it out.

BUXOM

I haven't ever tried anything from Buxom before but I have heard so many good things about these lip glosses. I have the shade 'Kitty' which is a browny toned shade. I'm not too sure if I like it that much though because it feels quite strange on the lips. When you first apply the gloss its just normal then after a few seconds it starts tingling. I thought this would stop after a while but it doesn't and I can really feel the product on my lips the whole time I'm wearing it, which personally I really don't like in a lip product.


TARTE

Whilst browsing Sephora I saw this mascara and I believe it was Fleur (https://www.youtube.com/user/FleurDeForce) who I have heard raving about this product, so its safe to say that I have pretty high hopes for this as I really trust her recommendations. I haven't yet tried anything from Tarte so I'm not sure how I will get on with; but it does have some good reviews so hopefully I will like it!

BECCA

Ever since getting the Shimmering Skin Perfector in 'moonstone' have been obsessed with it and I knew I wanted to get my hands on another highlighter as soon as possible. I originally wanted to get Champagne Pop because everyone seems to be in love with that shade. However, when I swatched them all in store the shade 'Opal' looked more appealing to me. I'm so pleased I purchased it now because it is honestly so beautiful. I love wearing both moonstone and opal together because my highlight is just glowing, this is probably my favourite purchase out of everything!

Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Those Milani blushes look so pretty!! That Stila palette is just everything. So jealous of everything you picked up. Great post :)

    Charlotte x
    http://fadingtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they!😍 omg I know! Thankyou so much lovely!!xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures! I'm in love with your blog! Mind checking out mine? I've done a new post and would love if you could comment xoxo
    Ella
    ellacrabb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much!!😘 Of course, I'll go check yours out right away my lovely!xxxx

      Delete

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig