Wednesday 13 July 2016

Disappointing High End Makeup Products (2)

A few months ago I did a similar post to this and it went down pretty well so I thought I would do another including different products that I have tried that didn't work out well for me. As always, I'm not slating the brand in any way at all, but unfortunately these products just didn't live up to my expectations. Hope you enjoy.



Before I picked up this product I hadn't taken the time to look at any reviews and I really should have. This palette is marketed as an 'eye contour kit' and its designed for you to be able to 'conceal, contour and line your eyes like a pro'. I definitely don't think it does this. In this kit you get some of the boi-ing concealer in the shade '02 - medium' and 3 shadow colours. First of all, the concealer will not be the right colour for everyone, for me it is slightly too dark which is not what I want when trying to brighten my under eye circles. I also found that the shadows weren't that easy to blend and there was quite a bit of fallout when applying them. Overall, I don't think this product is worth the money in the slightest. There are much better palettes available and this one doesn't even come close!


I almost feel guilty for including this product because I know so many people love it, but personally I just really didn't like it at all. It's supposed to be a concealer and highlighter but I don't think it does either of those jobs very well. I really didn't find it to have much coverage at all because it didn't really conceal anything. It's more of a brightening product, but even so I still didn't find that it made that much difference. For £25 I would expect this product to be pretty damn good, but unfortunately it really didn't live up to my expectations. It also comes in a tube where you have to click the end in order to get more product out. I didn't like the design of this at all because you never know when it's going to run out and if you really rely on this you may run out all of a sudden.



I first came across this product online and initially I was drawn to this lipstick by the packaging. I loved the aztec print and thought it looked really unique and eye-catching. I decided to buy 'pure vanity' because the picture made it look like a nude/peach shade and i thought it would be a nice shade that you could wear most days. However, when it arrived the colour was so much brighter than I expected. It's a very orange/coral toned colour and I really don't like it very much at all. It's also a very creamy finish on the lips so it's not very pigmented and just looks more like an orange lip gloss which is not the look I like to go for.



Now don't get me wrong, Too Faced eyeshadows are amazing. The shadows are always so highly pigmented and super easy to blend which is part of the reason I love them. However, this palette really isn't my favourite. The colours are not what I would usually go for. So for this reason alone, I haven't really used the palette much at all. I feel like the colours in this palette are suited more for people with green eyes because the shades are all very pink or purple toned. Whereas I have blue eyes and tend to wear more orange/brown shades. However, if you have green eyes or these colours are what you would normally go for, i'm pretty sure you would love this palette.


Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig