Wednesday 13 April 2016


Whilst I was browsing the Superdrug website I came across this palette from Revolution and I realised that it looked very similar to the original naked palette. Once noticing that it was only £4 I decided to purchase it to see if it was any good compered to the Naked palette.


Revolution have created the palette to be a dupe for the Naked palette by selecting almost identical eyeshadow colours and positioned them in the same order as the Naked palette. I swatched the colours on my arm (see below). The top line is the Urban Decay eyeshadows and the bottom is the Revolution eyeshadows.


As you can see from the swatches, the colours are very similar between the palettes, so I was pretty impressed with that. However, I feel that unfortunately this was one of the only things that I actually thought was good about the palette.

When I was applying the revolution shadows I found them to appear very patchy. No matter how much product I applied the finish just didn't look as crisp as the Urban Decay eyeshadows. I also found that some of the shadows were not very pigmented. To try and deal with this I had to apply a lot more of the revolution shadows but this just resulted in a mess. There ended up being a lot of fall out and wasted product.

To try and keep the revolution shadows in place I used some mac fix+, but overall I still preferred the finish of the Urban Decay shadows. The revolution shadows also had larger chunks of glitter in them, whereas the Urban Decay shadows had more of a subtle shimmer to them which looked much more flattering on the eye. I found that when I tried to blend out the revolution shadows these chunks of glitter would spread to parts of my eye that I didn't want to be glittery, so again the Urban decay shadows were much better.

Although I wore a primer and fix+, the revolution shadows wore off very quickly throughout the day, whereas the Urban Decay shadows looked pretty much the same at the end of the day.

Overall, I would recommend that you buy the Naked palette over the Revolution palette. Although it's only £4, it's pretty obvious to me that you get what you pay for because the quality was so poor. If you have the patience and are willing to buy fix+ then you can make these shadows work. However, I love my Urban Decay palette and in my opinion this doesn't even compare to it. At £38.50, you most certainly get what you pay for. It would be much better to save up for a while to be able to buy a product that really is worth your money in my opinion!

Let me know what your thoughts are on these palettes. I would love to know if the revolution palette worked for you.

Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I completely agree Ffy!! You certainly get what you pay for with eye shadow palettes! Have you tried the chocolate bar palette from makeup revolution, it's surprisingly a pretty good dupe for the too faced one! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure do! No I haven't been able to yet :( Everytime I go to make an order its always sold out, so annoying!! If i can get hold of it I will definitely try it out though!xx

      Delete

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig